3PAR replication software is known as Remote Copy. Below are some notes that describes Remote Copy. Efficiencies in the initial copy creation of the target volumes that do not require replication of “zero” data across the replication network (regardless of target volume type, thick or thin) result in a faster initial synchronization and better network […]
Why this site?
The intention of this site is to share my SAN and Unix related knowledge with everyone. I’ve been fortunate enough to gain a lot of technical skills via reading, working with highly skilled colleagues, googling, and lastly working (and sometimes burning my hands) on live critical production systems.
Here I’ve put together information on SAN (HDS/EMC/Netapp/HP EVA/Cisco/Brocade), Unix (Solaris/Linux/Veritas), and Scripting (shell/perl). Hopefully you will find them useful. Any suggestions/constructive criticisms are welcome.
~: sanaswati :~
Hits From The Blog
Physical disks (PD) are carved up in 1GB chunklets. 3PAR OS reserves a certain number of chunklets as space chunklets depending on the sparing algorithm and system configuration. These spare chunklets are distributed across all drives. Raid functionality is implemented at Logical disks (LD) level. Depending upon RAID level specified, LDs are formed by striping […]
- EMC – Working with PowerPath 27/11/2012
- EMC – VMAX allocation to V-series Netapp filers 17/01/2012
- NetApp – Useful Commands 27/12/2011
- EVAPerf – Stats Collection script 22/12/2011
- Cisco – CLI 11/01/2012
- 3PAR Remote Copy 25/03/2017
- 3PAR Architecture 25/03/2017
- 3PAR – How Tos for Operation 25/03/2017
- 3PAR CLI 25/03/2017
- Scripts – listdevs.bash 02/06/2015
- Ketan Patel: You are correct. Thanks for pointing out the error...
- Dabbrata Bose: Thanks for such great notes on SRDF first of all ....
- Ketan Patel: Hi Steve, wasn't aware of the display issue on Op...
- Ketan Patel: Hi Sanjay, I haven't had been in a situation wher...
- Cooperative insurance contact Number: Howdy just wanted to give you a quick heads up. Th...